Friday, March 30, 2012

My Husband's Birthday


Well my husband's birthday has come to an end and I feel so badly because I didn't think it was a grand enough celebration. Although when I asked him which birthday was his favorite over the years he said this one, because of his girls and all the things he finally got to buy. I honestly didn't really do much this year which I feel terrible about but it was for 2 reasons; first of all we have a lot going on right now and it was just hard to plan anything and also I feel kind of odd spending money on him, I know the money he makes is "our money" but at the same time it is the money that he makes so I figured he could just spend it as he so chose this year. The big thing he wanted was an iphone which I've been adamantly against but finally conceded. I did get him some treats, he 'juices' too (drinking mostly juice and eating little solid foods) so we rarely if ever have sweets, meat or 'spirits' in the house.
Sunday my mom, step dad and sister took us out to dinner at the Olive Garden (this is a joke in my family, we literally celebrate everything at the Olive Garden. I think we just keep going there now because it's become so hilarious). There was this guy sitting behind us who kept singing opera to his girlfriend, he had an incredible voice so we actually got him to come over and sing Happy Birthday to my husband. It was very humorous to watch him be serenaded by a young, hip guy.


Daddy took the day off work, went shopping and then the three of us went out to dinner at Red Lobster, came home had some cake and watched The Sitter. It was a nice day, anti climatic, which is more of his speed anyhow. It is I who likes the hoopla.



And next year he will be 30 so he shall have the big party then. I personally want the type of birthday he had this year next year on my 30th and the BIG CELEBRATION to be one which is celebrating my final year in my 20's!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice chilled day and looks like Joel agrees:-) Sometimes chilled is good!

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....