Monday, March 5, 2012

LIFE LIST: FIND MY GIANT LOBSTER

“You are a very determined person, you accomplish everything you set out to though it may take you some time.” 
   (the psychic said this about me last week)


LIFE LIST: BUY THAT GIANT LOBSTER


When: I saw this lobster 7 years ago, almost to the day, and today it arrived at my doorstep. 3/2/12




Where: I found him in Portland Maine at a little store called Shipwreck Cargo.




Why I wanted this: I saw this lobster when I was in Maine 7 years ago, and for the past 7 years I have said countless times 'I wish I would have bought that lobster!!!'. I have also tried to find either this one or something very similar to it online many, many, many times online for the past 7 years but no luck. I always had envisioned returning to Maine and that my lobster would be there still tucked away in the corner. I know this 'thought' was a long shot but I am always hopeful.



 I did return to Maine this year, the lobster wasn't in the corner but I figured I'd ask about it anyhow assuming they wouldn't even know what I was talking about. The girl running the store informed me that they still had, it was in storage but that it was not and never had been for sale. I gave her my number anyhow to pass along to the owner. About one month after my visit, the owner called me and said he was ready to sell it. And I have never been happier to make a purchase.




Cost: WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! I have been advised to not publish the cost of this phenomenal finding and I would but it is not something I can recommend, this is the only lobster exactly like this-it was hand made on request. For many people out there paying $20 for something like this would be too much, but for me the value of this item was more than worth what I paid. If you have a strong interest in how much it cost I will disclose it privately.




How I paid for it: TAX REFUND!!!




What I would do differently:  Nothing I could change- unfortunately, it did arrive to me with one of the legs broken. I'll have to contact Fed Ex and file a damage claim, I've never had to do that before so I'm not sure what if anything will become of it.




Will I do it again? Well, I would re-buy it in a heart beat! I think when you see something you think is incredible GO FOR IT! I still think about a pair of shoes I wished I would have bought when I was 16!




Make a good gift/surprise? To get someone something they've been wanting for years, would be such a tremendous surprise. I always try to take note when someone says "I've always wanted...." if it is something in reason and affordable, I keep it mind for a birthday gift. It doesn't have to be something big either, if someone says "I've always wanted to eat at that restaurant." Then take them there on their birthday!




Something I would recommend? No. I have the only one!




Life changing? Yes. It proves that dreams really can come true! It also makes me think that there is something to 'the power of positive thinking'.  I took a picture of this lobster with my husband 7 years ago on our honeymoon and I have kept this picture on my fridge, and every time I've looked at it I kicked myself for not trying to buy it all those years ago, I cannot believe now it is laying in my dining room. This is so cool!!!!! I just love it when things like this happen!


2 comments:

  1. I love your lobster and your stick-to-it-tive-ness! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news about the lobster. Whatever the cost, it was obviously worth it and as you said some people may think it's a lot, but sometimes you can't put a price on happiness and meaningfulness to you. Am really glad you got as it obviously means so much to you. Somethings are worth pursuing, i have often thought about items that i wish i had bought!!

    Power of positive thinking is great and to be fair, it doesn't cost anything to do! We adopted the same principle when we went to Finland. I told my partner that we would see them, that i was certain we would and he wasn't sure but we ended up seeing them twice!

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....