"Gotta keep busy or the voices or the voices start telling me to do wild things"
I'm still alive!!! I haven't had a moment to catch my breath in the past month or two- there have been some SIGNIFICANT changes in my life, some mind blowing, some overwhelming, some disheartening- and what better way to share some of them with you than with a list! One thing is for sure- my life has changed...actually I feel like I've lived an entire lifetime in the past 8 months so many thing have happened. Here are some of changes in just the past few weeks....
1. One reason I didn't have the time to write was that Joel was in Missouri for a month and it is exhausting being the only parent- at the end of the day I had enough energy to pick up and zone out for a few mins and then it was off to bed- I notice when I am the only one here I sleep A LOT more than I usually do.
2. We bought a house!!! We found this house in January and we just found out just about 2 weeks ago that our offer was approved-It's been INCREDIBLY stressful!!! The house is great, it doesn't need hardly anything but I am very particular and want to do a million things to it. But the best thing about this house is where it is...I have always dreamed of buying a house in this town and now I have one-right in the downtown area-it's perfect!! We've already closed and are mostly moved in. I have a lot to say about the subject and think it deserves it's own post-
3.The day before our offer was approved I received the most exciting email imaginable. I know I've mentioned that I had a book idea and was in the process of taking the necessary steps to land a literary agent, and just a few weeks ago a lit agent asked me for my book proposal! All I will say is that it is a travel book, I'm not telling anyone what it is about because it hasn't been done before. It doesn't necessarily mean anything will come of it, but it gives me a little hope that it's a good idea and it was just an amazing feeling. So...
4. I had to finish my book proposal and send it in. It was a ton of work and I spent a long time working on it and I am pleased and proud to say that I have not only completed it but it has officially been submitted.
5. I mentioned that my daughter and I began a Polynesian Dance class which we've been attending once a week for the past 2 months AND we are performing in a recital June 9th!!!!! What do I get myself into?!
6. We are in the process of packing and moving which is labor intensive and if you have a toddler it is a living nightmare. I feel like it's turning me into a crazy person.
7. I've mentioned that I had some problems with my family, well some relationships have gotten better and some have become much much worse. It has been so hard on me. I just want to lay my head down at night and not have these negative issues with the people I love the most weighing on my mind that make me sad.
8. But even more good news....I'm starting my own business, I have wanted to for a long time now, and I guess I don't really know why I had not. Yet I have received the kick in the pants that I needed. This is only thanks to my life changing friend Toni who ardently recommended my 'talents' to a friend of hers who is getting married in September and I am doing the flowers. Floral designing is something that I had fallen into years ago by dumb luck but I LOVE it, I have the greatest time, it's fun, and creative and there is no better work environment than one surround by flowers. I'm really excited. I'm going to start slow, I have so much going on right now which is fine. I have had some beautiful work experiences as a floral designer and the reward is tremendously fulfilling to make such beautiful things for peoples most special days.
9. I almost forgot- I am so so so excited about this....finally after 15 years of VERY serious consideration....I am finally going to fix my grossly disfigured teeth!! I hate them. This is something that bothers me every day, every time I look at a picture of myself, and makes me so unhappy with myself. I have seen several dentists about this since I was a teen but have always been too concerned with either the cost, discomfort or the idea of being an adult with braces- but every year that goes by I wish I would have done it because it would be over already! 5 years ago I met with an orthodontist and have made and canceled close to 20 appointments but now I finally feel ready. Totally ready to just do it, get it over with and be comfortable with myself. I ought to have them on by the middle of July....if all goes well :)
10. I've come up with the best idea!!!! Maybe I'll save something for later....
This year thus far has been such a rough road but I feel... well, this is how I really feel- like a mountain lion shredded my knitted sweater vest and the tears are delicately and swiftly being sown back together turning it into a silk Versace blouse.