Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Friend


Last summer a girl named Dannie found me on blogspot by no surprise as her blog is called MY ULTIMATE LIFE LIST. She lives in England and we've never actually met but we have gotten to know each other through our blogs. Dannie have a great time in Turkey- what a way to spend a birthday!!!! Here is my silly poem to you-

Here's to the girl who lives overseas
a girl who is still, in her twenties

months ago i met you on blogspot
your similar domain could not be forgot


we both want to travel the world
and write about our life list unfurled


as it turns out you too are a gemini
with alike desires we do not pacify


you are a very interesting person to know
I have enjoyed watching your accomplishments grow


Have a wonderful time this week in Turkey
I know you'll have experiences so quirky

and I wish you a terrific, great, special year
and fulfill all your goals with Shakespeare



this is the year that we turn twenty nine
this last year in our twenties will be divine


currently we are both twenty eight
though you are the elder by date


so here's to my fellow ultimate life lister
surely you are my long lost twin sister

when my bank account expands
I'll meet you in Iceland

and then we'll toast together at the bar
and talk about visiting the cote d'ivoire

The Irish say you have a perfect fanny
I say Happy Birthday to you Dannie

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, a poet and a blogger all rolled into one! I am sure Dannie will treasure this Allison Original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you, thank you, thank you!! That is so cool and so nice of you to think of me! It really made me smile and brightened up my day. I really will treasure it Rox and have printed it out:-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....