Wednesday, March 14, 2012
St Patrick's Day Facts
Here are 10 little 'facts' about St Patrick's Day
1. In Chicago the city dyes the Chicago River green using 40 tons of veggie oil.
2. There are 10,000 three leaf clovers for every one four leaf clover.
3. The original Guinness Brewery in Dublin has a 9,000 year lease.
4. 40 million Americans claim to have Irish ancestry- population in Ireland is around 5 million.
5. St Patrick's Day is celebrated all over the world.
6. The first St Patrick's Day parade celebrated in America was in 1737.
7. St Patrick was kidnapped and taken to Ireland when he was a teenager.
8. The Irish started pinching those not wearing green because it was seen as a lack of pride.
9. A large Shamrock Shake from McDonald's contains 25 grams of fat.
10. Traditional Irish cure for a hangover is to be buried up to the neck in moist river sand.
You might also like....
* Yesterday was my Aunt's birthday, so in honor of her that is why I have been posting many of my Life Experiences that I have sha...
Today I finally complete a LIFE LIST goal that I've had for over 16 years and has been 2 years in the making. Actually it was 7 years...
So last week I told you about my Swedish Massage and I was asked a lot of questions about my prior massage having experience which g...
This blog and my LIFE LIST are about creating my personal idea of my perfect life, so I thought it would be a good idea to add MY PERFECT ...
"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most me...