Wednesday, March 14, 2012
St Patrick's Day Facts
Here are 10 little 'facts' about St Patrick's Day
1. In Chicago the city dyes the Chicago River green using 40 tons of veggie oil.
2. There are 10,000 three leaf clovers for every one four leaf clover.
3. The original Guinness Brewery in Dublin has a 9,000 year lease.
4. 40 million Americans claim to have Irish ancestry- population in Ireland is around 5 million.
5. St Patrick's Day is celebrated all over the world.
6. The first St Patrick's Day parade celebrated in America was in 1737.
7. St Patrick was kidnapped and taken to Ireland when he was a teenager.
8. The Irish started pinching those not wearing green because it was seen as a lack of pride.
9. A large Shamrock Shake from McDonald's contains 25 grams of fat.
10. Traditional Irish cure for a hangover is to be buried up to the neck in moist river sand.
You might also like....
* Yesterday was my Aunt's birthday, so in honor of her that is why I have been posting many of my Life Experiences that I have sha...
1. Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland in Frankenmouth Santa visits daily in December There is NO cost 989-652-9931 2. The Bi...
It's been so long since I've written but it's been such a difficult year. I wouldn't wish a divorce on the worst perso...
If you didn't read my post last week about having the worst year ever you probably should since it all ties together. Basically I...
Almost 2 years ago I was considering finishing my M.A. in Linguistics, so I went to a few open houses at the University I graduated...