Thursday, April 12, 2012

7th wedding anniversary

April 2nd, 2012- 7th wedding anniversary


The 357 I rented


Our 7th wedding anniversary was last week and I'm just now getting around to posting this. Every year we have a tradition of watching our wedding video while drinking champagne and eating pizza. We also like to do something fun and different. We do not buy each other presents, I guess neither one of us really saw the purpose of that, instead we just like to do something together. On our first anniversary we got matching tattoos, one year we went to the shooting range, one year we went to Krav Maga, on our 5th I was pregnant, last year we were 'living' in Chicago so we spent the afternoon at Millennium Park and visited a restaurant we had seen on the Travel Channel, in the evening the staff of the hotel surprised us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries-we topped off the night with a famous Chicago style pizza. This year we went to the shooting range again as it is something we both really enjoy doing and I have not been able to get to the range since I became pregnant. Afterward we grabbed a quick drink. When we got home we put on our wedding video right away, we knew it would be difficult to watch this year with our 1 year old wanting our attention, I only had a few sips of my champagne, a few bites of pizza and during the reception Joel put our daughter to sleep and I washed the dishes. We were actually able to sit down together to watch our video from our honeymoon and our anniversaries. Every year after we watch the video, we tape a few minutes-this is the best part to watch!

2011
Here are some of our pictures from our 6th anniversary spent in Chicago...


Millennium Park Chicago

Cloudgate

We've both lost so much weight!


I am so blessed to be married to such a great man and so lucky to have a husband who is an exemplary father. I do not deserve him.   Happy Anniversary....let's shoot for 7 more! ;) 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You both do look so much slimmer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also very blessed to be married to you. Thank you the sweet comments. I love you babe. Here's to 7 more and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much babe and I am blessed as well. I love you so much! Here is to 7 more and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni- Thank you, Joel was nice enough to gain sympathy baby weight so I wouldn't weight more than he did.

    7 more and beyond...sounds good to me my love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, how sweet!! So cute!! Congrats on your anniversary and as ever, it sounds like it was fun:-) Wish we had a shooting range over here in the Uk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dannie-no shooting ranges there? People are not allowed to carry firearms are they?

      Delete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....