Monday, July 9, 2012
In the works...
Well I haven't had hardly a second to write lately because there are SO MANY things I am working on right now, I have certainly bit off more than I can chew but I am trying to balance it all and the key to that is being organized which I certainly am!
What have I been up to?
-MOST IMPORTANT UPDATE- MY DAUGHTER STARTED SAYING "I LOVE YOU" !!! it is the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life!
- GET BRACES- I'm getting my braces on Thursday...I'm so nervous,I haven't really even told anyone in my family partially because about every hour I think about cancelling the appointment, also I wanted this to just be my decision along with the support from my husband....you know how family can be with their 'opinions'.
- HULA CLASSES- Well as you know we (me and my daughter) completed the 9 week course and danced on stage in a recital. I desperately wanted to immediately continue with the classes but with the recent move and all the recent issues with the house we just have not had the time so we'll have to wait for the next class to begin in September.
- MAKE MY HOUSE MY SANCTUARY- We bought a house in the beginning of June. It's been a very difficult start and I am disappointed that I have not yet been able to just enjoy the house. We have been working diligently on the issues and I think we have solved them but it's been holding us back from taking the time, money and effort to do all the fun stuff towards making this house our sanctuary.
- FLAMENCO- I've been so busy with the move I haven't had a flamenco lesson BUT (my ultimate goal is to perform with my step dad's flamenco group) and he called me this week to tell me that one of the dancers will be leaving the group temporarily beginning in January so they would need more dancers and they would like me to begin going to practice regularly so I can be ready to start doing shows with them in 8 months!!!
- MY BOOK- I'm still waiting to hear something from the literary agent who requested my book proposal, I suspect it will be months before I hear anything it took 5 months just for her to read my letter!
- MY OWN BUSINESS- I have now had 2 consultations with Brides and 'officially' booked one wedding for this September! I'm so excited to do these flowers. It is a lot of work, I literally have nothing so it's going to be a bit of work to gather everything I need and get organized for this wedding but after this one it will be easier to go from there. I love the 2 brides I'm working with which makes it VERY enjoyable! I just need to order some business cards!
-WEIGHT- I can't wait to post WEIGH IN WEDNESDAYS this week, I am feeling great, my clothes are getting bigger, I'm starting to look at pictures of myself and go 'oh my gosh is that me??!!' I have lost now 91 pounds.
- LEARN PORTUGUESE- Well, I had not intended to learn Portuguese, in fact years ago I had specifically decided Portuguese would not be on my list of languages- there are several I have ruled out. I learned a little years ago and I decided it wasn't for me. However, a week before we moved I met this family at our apartment complex who had just that day moved here from Brazil. There is the mom, dad and 2 kids. When I first met them they hardly spoke a word of English but we connected and our kids fell in love with each other so over the past 6 weeks I have been spending a considerable amount of time with them. It's fun to learn so much about their country we pull up google translate and images and that's how we have a conversation but it is forcing me to learn Portuguese and it's taking up quite a bit of time so I think I'm just going to go with it! I can't decide if it's easy to learn or difficult to learn because it seems to be a mixture of Spanish, German and French.
-VACATION- I am dying to take a trip, I have to go to the airport frequently to pick up and drop off my husband and I feel like those airplanes are taunting me I am just itching to go somewhere so I posted in my last blog that we are planning a very big i.e. long, expensive and PACKED with life list items to Disney World paired with a cruise to the Bahamas!
I'm trying to catch up with everyone's blogs and I'm enjoying reading about all the fun everyone is having and all the great adventures being had! I always feel so proud of all my fellow life listers for squeezing the most out of our lives!!!
You might also like....
* Yesterday was my Aunt's birthday, so in honor of her that is why I have been posting many of my Life Experiences that I have sha...
1. Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland in Frankenmouth Santa visits daily in December There is NO cost 989-652-9931 2. The Bi...
It's been so long since I've written but it's been such a difficult year. I wouldn't wish a divorce on the worst perso...
If you didn't read my post last week about having the worst year ever you probably should since it all ties together. Basically I...
Almost 2 years ago I was considering finishing my M.A. in Linguistics, so I went to a few open houses at the University I graduated...