|September 31, 2012|
|She went running up to Oscar, then kept on going!|
|Thank you for this adorable picture!|
|Right after we snapped this pic, the music turned on and my daughter started DANCING, Elmo and Murray followed suite and they held they're own little dance party---oh my little darling girl!|
|She was SO excited to show Bert her very own Bert balloon. I wasn't going to buy it for her but then I thought 'oh why not-it's her birthday week!' I'm so glad I did because I will forever have this precious memory.|
|We waited in line for a while here to see the haunted house and then she just bolted out of line, and I didn't feel like holding her captive long enough to make it to the entrance.|
|We were at the park for 8 hours! She was so tired but not ready to quit!|
There are several reasons I wanted to go back to Sesame Place, there was so many things to do in Pennsylvania but this had to be on the list because not only was her 2nd Birthday coming up, but since visiting Sesame she has fallen in love with all the characters. I also think it's a good idea when visiting a place for a second or third time to visit in a different season so you can still have the experience previously enjoyed and at the same have a totally new experience. So it's two experiences in one as there are many new things available in different seasons.
|Just a lovely (and free- with your own camera) photo op area!|
I was interested to see how this park, which was half water park, would take advantage of the seasonably unusable water slides and pools and I have to say I was very impressed. There were hay mazes, 'haunted' houses, and a large dance area (her favorite) where the music was kickin' and the costume clad characters hosted a dance party. The space was well utilized and thoroughly decorated in the fall/Halloween spirit.
|This was a cool, light up floor for kids to play on.|
|So glad we got to the park early, later on this line was VERY long.|
|Ok, maybe I did eat some of the fries.|
|Trick or Treat station!|
|We do not typically give her juice so she very much enjoyed this treat!|
|11h45 and not a soul in this seating area!|
|A somewhat hidden decorative space in the dining area.|
Speaking of lines, there were still some things we did not get to try out because of Madamoiselle impatiente, like the hay ride, and the live shows. We did go on the rides again but she seemed less interested this time so we only went once around. We really wouldn't have had the time to ride them more than once anyhow since there was so much to see and do. The lines were a bit longer than they had been in the summer months, presumably due to the new fall hours (only open on weekends), not too long...just too long for my child. The Parade was a disappointment because we did not have a place to sit. This was something she was strongly fond of before. Unlike many of the other parents, I did not set up a seat along the main street 30 minutes in advance and in the summer it was not a problem, we always found a spot just as it was beginning. This time around though it was so crowded that we did not get a spot at all and still I think irritated a lot of people as she pushed her way to the front.....what can I say-she LOVES to dance! Had my husband been with me he could have held a spot and waited. Her sitting and staying in one spot for 30 or more minutes is not our reality. Unfortunately, Joel was not able to join us because of his back going out earlier that week.
|Mentally preparing herself for her first ride of the day.|
|And not too bad!|
|The greatest play area and probably her favorite area in the park.|
|She went down this slide about 30 times!|
|Awesome play ropes but too advanced for my 1 year old.|
|She LOVES this carousel!|
- Eat lunch before 12h.
- Arrive early to get a close parking spot to avoid having to shell out a small fortune to rent a locker.
- If you can go during the week (summer only) as it is less busy, you should. In the fall/winter season you don't have that option but I recommend taking advantage of the shorter lines and less crowded park in summer.
- They have a Starbucks.... Genius. I don't how often I am at the movies, or park and think 'I wish there was a Starbucks here...
- I hate to say it but if you want a good spot for your kiddo at the parade, you have to get there early.
- You can bring in coolers....I posted before that I thought their food was reasonably priced and good but this is a way to save money and it's convenient to have food on hand...a hungry child can quickly change the dynamic of the day.
- If you live in the area (or visit the East often enough) I strongly recommend buying a membership, I actually wish I would have and I live in Michigan.
- Take advantage of the deals offered on the Sesame Place website including the meal plan!
The flowers at the park were just as lovely as they were in the summer....
I'm so glad we went, I have such nice memories of our day together and precious pictures to last forever. This really is a wonderful place to take your kids.