Sunday, April 14, 2013

blanket: phase 1


During Christmastime I made a scarf for myself. Even though I've made a ton of scarves I never keep any of them for myself, but I really loved this one, and so it inspired me to make matching scarves for the 3 of us. I got a little carried away while I was crocheting the first row and it ended up being over 7 feet long! One day I took it off and tossed it on the bed... hmmm it looks really nice there. So I decided that after Christmas I would turn it into a blanket. I knew it would be time consuming and figured it would take all year but dang- I just want to finish it and get it over with! It's not like you can multi task while you're using both hands to crochet. It was one my life list to make a blanket, and I did years ago. It's incredibly special to me so I don't like having it out, with an unruly cat and a 2 year old I don't want to anything to happen to it. I hope one day this blanket is special to someone....

Here's what it was originally...



Here's how far I've come....

I've got a long way to go!

4 comments:

  1. Making a scarf is actually on my bucket list. I have started a dozen and finish ZERO! I think I may need to take a class :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just take one you've started- you could finish it in a week just by spending 1 hour/ day!

      Delete
  2. Looking good! Will be a cool blanket in the end, but yeah definitely time consuming. Glad you have the patience for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be so happy when I'm done with it! and it'll be a long time before I decide to take on a big project like this!

      Delete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....