Thursday, March 21, 2013

Priceless.


When our daughter was born in 2010, the hospital had a professional photographer available to take some newborn pics of our baby. Obviously we took advantage of this however when we ordered the photos we only choose 2 of the shots taken, reason being we paid $80 for just a few prints of those two poses! So we picked the two we liked the best, then they gave me a piece of paper with the photo info on it in case I ever wanted to order more. I saved it always planning to look into it but a few weeks ago (2 and a half years later) when I came across this piece of paper I was overcome with heartbreak...how could I not have these pictures of my baby! It killed me. I instantly picked up the phone to see how much it would be for the disc. $130 for the disc was a lot of money for a few pictures but without hesitation I told her to charge it! And I'm so glad I did, after all my daughter will be 3 in October and there's no telling how much longer these pictures would be available. It was the best $130 I've ever spent, for 8 of the best photographs I've ever seen in my life. It is ironic that this disc arrived yesterday since I also found out yesterday that my brother and his wife are expecting another baby in October.


We chose to not discover the sex of the baby until he/she was born...but I was CERTAIN I was having a boy-I knew 12 people who were having 13 baby girls in the same year (including my brother) - what were the odds of me having a girl too?  So on the morning of my scheduled c-section, only a few minutes before we walked out the door, I decided to grab a tiny pink hat someone had made for the baby shower. Someone had told her they 'thought' I was having a girl so all the gifts she gave us were pink. When I opened the pink goodie basket I thought 'great, what the heck am I going to do with all this pink stuff?' But on our way out the door I thought I ought to grab the pink hat JUST IN CASE we don't have a boy! That was the ONLY girly thing we had! And a friend had brought me some pink roses so I decided to use that in the picture too, so even though we didn't have a girly outfit to put our surprise daughter in, the pictures turned out SO ADORABLE!! Thanks Sue, I'm so glad we had that adorable hat!


Last night when I looked at these pictures...I got that feeling inside...that feeling of being in love. Normally, I plan out all my purchases far in advance...but I'm glad this time I didn't, having these precious pictures of my sweet baby girl, even though it's nearly 3 years later, has made me overwhelmingly happy.






7 pounds 7 ounces of God's greatest creation....






2 comments:

  1. Aww, so sweet. It has got to be worth the money as those photos are fantastic and you can't get those memories back. She looks so sweet especially in the first photo and that rose looks lovely with her in the pics.

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....