Wednesday, January 11, 2012

juice tuesday: the beginning

Ok, I know what you're thinking...is the act of drinking juice really worth writing about???!!! Allow me to explain myself---


When we were in Maryland my Aunt kept telling us how she was going to start 'juicing' which is a 'diet'  where you only drink fruit and veggie juice. I didn't think too much of it other than it would be difficult to not eat anything. This brainstorm came from a documentary call SICK, FAT AND NEARLY DEAD. I only got to watch 2 minutes of this dvd and we were so inspired that the day we came home we bought a juicer and have been at it now for 15 days.
           My ears perked up when this guy said he lost 100 pounds in 4 months and this other woman said her migraines totally disappeared. If all you're ingesting is fruit and veggies your body is not only detoxing and getting rid of so many chemicals and other terrible things but you are 'eating' nothing but good calories and nothing but vitamins and nutrients. This is not meant to be a long term diet, you do slowly reintroduce food. I personally am taking in actual food because I am still nursing and need the fat and proteins and I begin to get shaky if I don't eat any carbs, but I am eating very little and mostly it's my daughter's leavins. I drink 2 glasses of juice each day and the food I eat is all unprocessed like organic eggs, and broccoli. In each glass of juice I add 3 fruits and 2 veggies. They actually taste REALLY GOOD! I do not drink juice normally, I think it tasted like nothing but sugar but fresh juice is so delicious-it instantly makes my innards feel so good and fresh. It makes me hyper and I was totally surprised at how filling it was!
   I've lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks with eating some foods every day and my husband has lost 25 pounds only eating one small meal every 4 or 5 days like a sub or a hot dog. We both physically feel incredible. This really is life changing. My Aunt has been doing it for 8 days and she has lost 12 pounds!

1 comment:

  1. It is now 15 lbs lost for me and 18 lbs for Bob, you are right, the juice is unexpectedly tasty! I am very happy that you two are doing so well and I hope that more people will watch the Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead video, it is quite inspiring. Thanks for the posting.

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....