Monday, January 30, 2012

juice tuesday: answers


Many people have asked me the following questions-

What kind of juicer do you have?
I do love our juicer. It was $100 at Meijer the brand is
  JACK LA LANNE'S POWER JUICER EXPRESS


Are you getting enough protein?
 Well, not from the juice alone, I get my protein from the following each day, a little of each

hard boiled egg whites
cheese
peanut butter
cottage cheese

I personally do experiment too much with different fruits and veggies- I like to follow 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' motto when it comes to food. I cannot say that I am very adventurous. But I will tell you that my Aunt will 'juice' veggies, then heat it up and add a little buffalo meat to make soup-I think that's a great idea that I will try soon.

I would like to mention that spinach is wonderful to add to your juice cocktail-I do not find that you can really even taste it but spinach is so high in nutritional value I try to add it to each drink. The vitamins and minerals found in spinach fights heart disease, cancer, macular degeneration, cataracts and so on. You can purchase a ounce bag of spinach from Costco for less than $5. Although, you do need to add A LOT of leaves in order to get enough juice out of it. Generally I add about 3 handfuls.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that juicer at Costco the other day. I think I'm gonna give it a shot in April when I am back from my Asia trip. I have a hard time getting my veggie intake in, so one juice a day might be the trick.

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....