Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 LIFE LIST ITEMS



Well overall 2011 was productive and certainly life changing-I have changed greatly...I think. I have become more calm, patient and rational. I have realized my mistakes from the past and I am trying to make up for them and apologize to those I've hurt. I am learning to admit when I'm wrong and I have learned how to understand where others are coming from even when I disagree. I've also turned into a bit of a crazy person...or what I simply like to call motherhood. I am even more protective than a lionesse over her cubs. I have decided to address issues that are important to me, which is difficult but hopefully helpful in the long run. I am still grief stricken over the loss of my best friend, my beautiful grandmother and I am desperate to fill that void. I made zero dollars this year for the first time in my life (since I began working at 15 ). I surprised myself at things I became good at- like being mother. I impressed myself with some language goals, like teaching myself Hebrew and teaching my daughter Russian. I rekindled some old friendships that I hope to see grow and last.
    This year it was wonderful to watch my daughter change from an infant to a little girl who runs around, gives kisses and hugs and is able to communicate to me what she wants. I did accomplish several of my LIFE LIST goals which is great and I lost 74 pounds which of course I am ecstatic over but there were a lot of things that hurt my heart this year and are weighing heavily on my mind. My relationships with so many people were destroyed this year and I wish I could say that I suspect they will be resolved in the approaching year but I can't see that happening. There were several things in my personal life that were awful and changed my life in such a negative way, but I am so glad to have started this blog which is all about positive life changing moments. It is so fulfilling to be able to do and write about all my favorite favorite things in life. It's exciting to watch it grow and it is so rewarding to receive such positive feedback-it always makes me smile.
    I hope 2012 is filled with big changes and big moments that I will treasure forever. Happy New Year!!!

THE LIFE LIST GOALS I ACCOMPLISHED IN 2011
1. LIVE IN A HOTEL
2. FEED A GIRAFFE
3. MILK A COW
4. START A LIFE LIST BLOG
5. HOT STONE MASSAGE
6. SPEND CHRISTMAS ELSEWHERE
7. SPEND CHRISTMAS DAY AT THE TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER
8. GO TO THE MOVIES ALONE
9. BOUGHT A FLAT SCREEN
10. GOT A SET OF CAST IRON PANS
11. DIED MY HAIR RED
12. BOUGHT MEAT FROM A BUTCHER
13. WALK 5 MILES/DAY 50 DAYS
14. BREASTFEED
15. GENEALOGY OF MY MOM'S FAMILY
16. DONATED MY BREASTMILK
17. BECAME A STAY AT HOME MOM
18. GAINED RECOGNITION FOR BEING THE BEST HUGGER CHAMPION IN 1991

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on all you achieved in 2011 and good luck for 2012 with all your goals. It's nice to read your summary of the year, i always find it surprising to see how much has changed over the year. Hope your difficulties with people sorts itself out or at least you are able to just continue moving forward. All the best for another fun filled year!xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....