Thursday, November 17, 2011

LIFE LIST ITEM TODAY!!! DYE MY HAIR RED

 Some experiences are simply gratuitous - and that's alright

This is the color I wanted


When: November 16, 2011


Maybe if was in the sun....


Where: Glitz Salon in Clarkston, Michigan




Why I wanted to do this: When I was about 16 I found an ad in a magazine for pantene pro v and the model had the most beautiful red hair, I ripped out the page, folded it up and put it in my wallet...and I it's still there. I have always wanted to dye my hair red but have never had the guts. I finally decided to jump off this bridge now because I had made an appointment to get my hair done a few weeks ago, and I was planning on getting the usual highlights but I thought if I am spending SO much money on something it had better be a LIFE LIST item!


It is red...I think I'd like it more red


Cost: I had my hair layered/dyed/eyebrows waxed/blow out for $114 WHICH I THINK IS A STEAL! I expected it to be much more. I think the root to tip dye was only about $45 and I have long hair. This seems so inexpensive to me because I pay around $85 to have it highlighted.


How I paid for it: I asked my husband for some money.


I feel surprised every time I look in the mirror


What would I do differently? Well, nothing- I do have figure out new make up- I can't tell if I need more or less. With a major color change the make up has to change as well as the color of tops I wear-this DOES NOT go with everything like blonde does!


Before




Will I do it again? Yesterday I thought 'i like it but I'll be blonde again by summer' today I LOVE it and I don't think I'll keep it this exact color but I think I'm going to play around with different shades of red WHY NOT!!!??? I think I'm going to commit to being a redhead for the next year.


It's a 2 for 1- sometimes it looks brown and sometimes it looks red


Something I would recommend? Well, maybe not going red- but I recommend doing EVERYTHING you've always wanted to try-if it's dying your hair a new color remember, your not married to your hair color!
Without question the best haircut I've ever had!!


Make a good gift/surprise? Yes, but it's conditional- I would never get a girl a gift certificate to a place she's never been before-I've been going to the same place and the same stylist for 11 years and REFUSE TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE! You've really got to trust the person touching your hair. But getting your hair done is expensive and something


Was it life changing? I don't know yet-I'll let you know.


Before
After-the color doesn't seem to be showing up well next to a natural redhead


Great quotes:


"Blondes are noticed....redheads are never forgotten"
"If you want trouble find yourself a redhead"
"Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall in love with a gorgeous redhead" Lucille Ball
"The addiction to redheads is a lot like being addicted to drugs"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....