Monday, November 7, 2011

LIFE LIST: SNORKEL

Moments like these remind me how lucky I am.....



When: August 2009
From my beach chair


Where: Kona Village in Kona, Hawaii

Shipwreck Bar at KVR


Why I wanted to do this: I thought it would be fun to try, I knew the resort offered the equipment at no additional charge-but I had no idea it would be SO MUCH FUN!

The beach where we snorkeled


Cost: The flippers, breathing tube, goggles, and even the towels and sunblock are all available at no additional charge to guests of the resort.

KVR Beach


How I was able to afford it: Included! And Thank God! It is very costly to get to Hawaii and stay in Hawaii so luckily there are many things to do and see that are free!



What I would do differently: BOUGHT AN UNDERWATER DIGITAL CAMERA! I do have a bunch of pics from snorkeling but they are terrible and pointless to even post.

Where I swam out way too far


Will I do it again? For sure! It was really hard to get used to breathing underwater, thankfully your brain is aware that this is abnormal. Once I figured out how to do, it was a blast, we snorkeled about 2-3 times every single day we were there



Something I would recommend: Of course, you have to have an open mind, I think it makes a of people uncomfortable but like I said, as soon as you get used to it you are shown "a whole new world" to quote The Little Mermaid.


Make a good gift/surprise? I think so!

Wedding Ceremony area


Was it life changing? Certainly, moments like these for me are a reminder of how lucky I am and what a wonderful life I have. I would be underwater swimming in the clear blue ocean looking at sea turtles, eels and many other strikingly beautiful fish and I would think 'Oh My God, I am swimming in the ocean in HAWAII right now- can this seriously be happening?'

Manta Ray at night


Snorkel:
Our routine most days was breakfast/snorkel/shower/bar-lunch/snorkel/shower/bar-dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....