Wednesday, November 2, 2011

LIFE LIST: ACTIVE VOLCANO



LIFE LIST: SEE AN ACTIVE VOLCANO


When; August 2009


Where: Volcanoes National Park


Why I wanted to do this: When in Rome...


Cost: $10


How I paid for it: I put it on a credit card just like everything else we bought in Hawaii.


What I would do differently: Taken a helicopter tour- that is the only way to see the actual red lava. And I would have stayed in the Volcano House Hotel.


Something I would recommend: I would recommend visiting the park, but even thought I didn't get a chance to take a helicopter tour, I would suggest you do that instead. And if you are limited on time, then this is what I would pick to skip. If you do go, I do recommend walking through the lava tubes.



Would I do it again? I would only visit the park so that I could stay at the Volcano House Hotel, but other than that I wouldn't make a special trip. I am very glad that I did visit the Volcano National Park, it is something many people don't get a chance to see in life.


Would it make a good gift? For someone who likes volcanoes!


Was it life changing? My life changed from not having seen an active volcano...to having seen one.



3 comments:

  1. Joel, what did you think of seeing the volcano?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to commemorate your experience...a song!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjGHwGkFIFw&feature=player_detailpage

    Jimmy Buffett's "Volcano"

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....