Wednesday, November 2, 2011

LIFE LIST: SWIM WITH SEA TURTLES

"The Hawaiian Honu-
            Aumakua of wisdom and good luck”


LIFE LIST: SWIM WITH SEA TURTLES


When: August 2009


Where: Kona Village Resort


Why I wanted to do this: I LOVE sea turtles, I mean, I don't want little sea turtle figurines or a shower curtain with a sea turtle on it but I just think they are so cute- seeing a real sea turtle was one of the things I looked forward to the most in preparing for the trip.


Cost: Free! And one of my favorite things about Hawaii!






What I would do differently: BOUGHT A DECENT DIGITAL UNDERWATER CAMERA!!!! I could have got THE most amazing pictures!






Would I do it again? I hope I get to swim with sea turtles again...and I hope I get to do it at the Kona Village Resort...unfortunately they shut their doors due to the tsunami two years ago. There was nearly 30 million dollars in damage done but they do hope to reopen in late 2014.



Was it life changing? Moments like these always are....






My experience with the turtles:
  This was one of the things I looked forward to the most and I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to see one. I laughed about that every time I walked by them sun bathing on the beach. I saw them every single day, I swam right next to them, above them, below them. Now, you are not supposed to touch them, of course I was close enough I could have given one a hug...no hug, they're too slippery. I wish so badly that I could have gotten a picture of my head next to one of theirs poking out of the ocean. It was so cool, so much fun and something I cannot wait to watch my daughter experience. I took all these  pictures- but after it was too late I thought about laying down next to one to get a pic! Dang-it!

The Ultimate Life List is now on facebook.....please swim on over and LIKE it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....