Monday, November 28, 2011

TRAVEL TIPS: ILLINOIS

I have been to Chicago Illinois many times and lived there for 2 months earlier this year. Where it's not the prettiest state there are a lot of things to do. I have done many of these things posted below and some are on my LIFE LIST to do. I just enjoy doing my travel tips and hopefully I can give you some ideas! Let me know if I'm missing anything amazing!

Hardy's Reindeer Ranch
I just found this! I HAVE TO GO HERE!!!! WHAT'S BETTER THAN REINDEER?
 Stupid question---Buffalo.



The Drake Hotel
This one is on my LIFE LIST!

Portillos
If you see a Portillo's in Illinois, you really ought to stop, it's a different kind of fast food restaurant.


Willis Tower Skydeck
This looks so exhilarating!! This IS on my LIFE LIST!

Chick fil a
There is no question about-this IS fast food at its finest. There are fresh flowers on each table so....it's pretty fancy.


Temple Lipizzans
If you ever have a chance to see Lipizzaner Stallions-take it! They are incredible horses!

Shedd Aquarium  

Great aquarium! BUT buy your tickets online to avoid LONG lines just to get in and check the internet before you go, we were able to get a buy one get one free coupon at $27 pp -!


Superdawgs
I saw this on the Travel Channel, it is outside of Chicago-it was fun and we got some cute pics of us with the hot dogs in the background.

Cloudgate
A must if you are in the city!

Eagle Watching

Skating in the Sky
Can you imagine ice skating while looking at this view? I would LOVE to do this!!!

Magnificent Mile
It's always fun shopping in a big city, but dress warm!!

St Patrick's Day

It's not on my LIFE LIST yet, but I'm thinking about putting it on there-Chicago has a huge parade-it would be a blast to be a part of this!

Chicago Botanic Garden
Surprisingly a lot of fun-my expectations weren't all that high for a garden, but it was intoxicating-this is a perfect place to take anyone of any age for any occasion.

Fountain in Millennium Park
So much fun in the summer!

Navy Pier

Personally, I am not wild about Navy Pier but a lot of people seem to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....