Tuesday, February 19, 2013

LIFE LIST: BUY A FLAMENCO DRESS

“We’re fools whether we dance or not…
                              so we might as well dance!”
This was my step dad's former flamenco group-he's the guitarist on the farthest end of the pic...this was the show they did when they opened for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra....it was also the day my surgeon and I lip locked (i'm sorry husband but you know I like to brag about this whenever it happens to 'come up')
LIFE LIST: HAVE MY OWN FLAMENCO DRESS


When: Valentine's Day 2013

Where: My amazing dance instructor Tish sold me this dress.

Why this is on my list: I have wanted a nice, formal performance dress for years-I guess I started looking them up online about 5 years ago when I started taking my lessons. A few years ago I did buy a nice practice skirt from Spain for $100, but it's very simple-just plain black.



Cost: A steal at $75!

Plans for more? Yes! I have a list of things I'm going to go back and buy from her as soon as I start getting my paychecks! I can't wait to show you the other dress I'm buying from her-it's amazing.

Was it life changing? I thought it would be years and years before I would be able to buy my own nice flamenco dress because they can be VERY expensive! ($600 and up) and I had no pressing reason to buy one now but when my instructor sent me an email last week mentioning that she was selling some of her dresses I wanted to see them but I still thought they would not be affordable. When she started giving me prices I started getting REALLY excited!

This is extra special for me, not only was it a wonderful opportunity for me to start building my flamenco wardrobe at a tenth of what it would cost me to buy these things new...and probably have shipped from Spain but they belonged to my instructor Tish whom I've known since I was 3 years old, I love her and I have the highest respect for her as a dancer so for my first dresses to be ones that she danced her heart out in makes this extra special for me.

This is life changing in that I've been joining my step dad's group for practice and he keeps talking about me doing some performances this year with them and I always just brushed it off because I don't have anything to wear! This pushes me into another level where I may actually start dancing with them sometime this year....

It's pink and turquoise...it kind of looks orange but it's not.

The Ultimate Life List is now on facebook...please dance on over to my page and LIKE IT!

Hobbies can be very expensive...what's your hobby that puts the biggest dent in your wallet?

2 comments:

  1. My expensive hobby is traveling. I'm gonna go broke from it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding...my problem is when I travel I like to go ALL out, I do not travel on a budget....I like to stay in the nicest hotels, have nice transportation, do lots of activities.....honestly cece...this is the only reason I got a job! To have $ for more trips!

      Delete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....