Monday, June 3, 2013

housiversary


June 3rd marks the first night we spent in this house one year ago! Boy, has it has come a long way. We've done a ton of work to the house to make it ours but we've still got a long way to go.

I laugh when I think about how I wanted to sell the house shortly after we moved in and now I'm so happy here we really plan on living here for the rest of our lives. This house, our neighbors, the location and the town are a true blessing. It was a rough start but I have never been happier than I am now.

One of my worries about owning a home was spending all our money on the house and not for us, and a lot of it does go towards the house but it's in a good way. It is so much fun to be able to do whatever we want, it's such a feeling of accomplishment and very gratifying every time we finish a project-although every time we redo/update one thing it makes the other stuff look even older!

If you haven't yet read the 3 part posts about home buying I've posted the links below along with the before and after pics of the living room we started redoing.

Related posts:
1. buying a house part 1
2. buying a house part 2
3. buying a house part 3
4. before and after living room 



2 comments:

  1. Aww, happy house anniversary! Makes me excited about buying a house when we finally get there. Just wish there were more houses available, but can't wait to start decorating our house like you have to yours.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, it can be brutal but so worth it in the end- hopefully you'll find one soon!

      Delete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....