Monday, January 28, 2013

A beach to spend a lifetime on


            Aloha kekahi i kekahi 

         



It is so bitterly cold in Michigan right now, I am enjoying reminiscing about our wonderful trip to Hawaii. I thought that since we woke up this morning to everything covered in ice it would be nice to share some pictures of the exclusive beach at the Kona Village Resort. I think the pictures say it all but I will simply note that this beach was always quiet, clean, extremely private and during our time there in the month of August there was always few people on the beach. The Village offered several activities that complimentary such as snorkeling, kayaking and the use of the paddle boards. They also offered activities for an additional fee such as rib craft rides and surf lessons which we unfortunately did not take advantage of.



Seeing sea turtles on the beach every day was such a bonus for me!


A little further down the beach.

That is the Hale with the pointed roof is where we ate breakfast daily

If I am not mistaken this is the location where the wedding ceremonies are held.

The beach is horseshoe shaped which makes it very easy to get some great photos.

As you can see...there's not a lot of people in the background.


Related posts:

2 comments:

  1. Aww, it all looks lovely and those sea turtles are adorable. That must be so cool to just wander along the beach and see them there.

    It really does sound like a trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was amazing!!! I'm so glad we went, I do hope we get to take z one day!

      Delete

I'd really love to hear your thoughts! Comments will post after moderation.

You might also like....